How to Install CWM in Sony Xperia Z2 on Android 4.4.2
Sony Xperia Z2 is a recently released fully waterproof android smartphone. To see the features and
specification in detail to visit the official website here. Here the tutorial how to install Clock work Mode recovery on Sony Xperia Z2
Install CWM recovery on Sony Xperia Z2
- Keep your mobile battery level above 80%.
- Backup everything in your mobile include contact, apps, games, sms etc..
- Enable USB Debugging in your mobile by Goto -> Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging.
- If you already unlock your device bootloader then skip this step otherwise follow the official Sony bootloader unlock tutorial to unlock your device bootloader
- DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: Sony PC Companion_Web.exe [27 MB]
- DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: android.rar [192.85 KB]
- DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: Z2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-4.4.2_17.1.A.2.36.img [14.37 MB]
- Download the above discuss files and place it in your PC desktop.
- Make a new folder and extract the android.rar file into that folder.
- Rename the Z2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-4.4.2_17.1.A.2.36.img file into recovery.img and place it into the above discuss folder.
- Now the folder contain the following files:
- Now connect your Sony Xperia Z2 to your PC using the help of USB cable.
- Open the above discuss folder and hold Shift + Right Click key in your system and select the Open command prompt window here option.
- In the command prompt window type the following commands:
|fastboot flash boot recovery.img|
- Now Custom recovery will start to install your device, once completed then reboot your mobile following the command:
- That’s all now the Custom recovery (CWM) has been installed successfully on your device without any error.
Via | Source