How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Moto G
Motorola released Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware update for Moto G 2nd generation. This is an OTA (Over The Air) firmware update you can receive this update via software update of your device. If you are not receive this update notification in the software update then proceed this way to install the firmware update. If your using stock recovery then proceed to install this update, your Moto G will not void your warranty. If your are install some other recovery like TWRP then restore into stock recovery after that install this update manually by this way.
dfdg Installation Instructions
- Open Settings and go to About -> Software updates.
- Tap on the “Check for Updates” button.
- Your device should display popup regarding the software update then follow the steps proceed to install, if it not shows any update information then follow the below steps to install it manually.
- Download the firmware from the above link
- Copy the zip file into your device SD card
- Turn off your device
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Up and Volume Down simultaneously. Continue to hold these buttons until your phone vibrates and displays a menu
- You will now be in the Bootloader or Fastboot mode
- Use the Volume down button to highlight “Recovery” option and press the Power button to confirm it.
- Your device now boot into stock recovery mode
- Again, press the volume button to highlight “Apply update from SD Card”.
- Press the power button to confirm it.
- Browse and select the zip file earlier copy into your SD card
- The update installation process will now begin.
- Congratulation android 6.0 marshmallow firmware has been installed on your device
- Checking by Goto -> Settings -> About device in your mobile
Via | XDA